While the firsts fell 4-1 away to Bangor, the Seconds got their first win of the season with a 3-1 home win against Temple Rangers.
In the quarter final of the Steel & Sons cup, Queen’s have been drawn at home to Dundela or Derriaghy. The game will be played on Sat 29th October.
A home draw as well in the Intermediate Cup. Coagh Utd will be the visitors on Sat 22nd October.
Over the next few weeks we will welcome many new players to the Club.
New players can join the Club:-
- At the Fresher’s Fair in the Students Union on Thurs 29 th September
- Trial games for new players will take place at the Queen’s Playing Fields (the Dub) on Monday 3rd and Wednesday 5th October.
- At the Fair, each player will be allocated one of these days for his trial.
- The trial games will take place on both grass and 3G pitches so please bring suitable footwear for both surfaces.
- Bring shorts, socks and boots, we will supply you with shirts to wear on the day.
Played at a high standard?
If you need more information of if you have played recently at a good level of Intermediate standard football and you think you are good enough to play for Queen’s first team in the Premier Intermediate League of the Northern Ireland Football League ( NIFL), please email either our first team manager Peter Thompson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or chairman Denis Clarke (email@example.com) and include details of who you played for and your best playing position.
Please note we are looking for players for outdoor, competitive 11-a- side football, played in all weathers. We do not organise indoor or 5-a- side football.
Training at the Dub
Tuesday 6:30 – 8pm on pitch 4
Thursday 7:15 – 9pm on pitch 6
Monday 8 – 9:30 on pitch 6
Thursday 6:15 – 7:15 on pitch 6
All training is on 3G
We are delighted to welcome David Bradley back to the Club in the role of Second team manager.
David performed a similar role a few years ago and we wish him enjoyment and success on his return. David and Colts manager Ian McArthur will soon announce when training will begin for the Seconds and Colts, watch this space.
We would like to sincerely thank Lavery’s Bars for being our main sponsor over the last two seasons.
We are now seeking a new main sponsor for the 2016-17 season. If you would Be willing to talk to us about sponsorship of our club, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org .
This message is for any footballers who are hoping to come to Queen’s in September and for any current Queen’s students who might want to transfer and play for their University team.
We have three teams playing competitive football on Saturdays:
- The firsts are in the N.I. Football League, Premier Intermediate League division (formerly named NIFL Championship 2)
- The Seconds are in division 2B of the Northern Amateur Football League (NAFL)
- The Colts (mostly 1 st year students) are in division 3E of the Northern Amateur Football League (NAFL)
The first team will begin its competitive season on Sat 6 th August and preseason training is already underway. If you think you are good enough to play for our first team, pleased contact us at email@example.com to discuss joining in our preseason training program.
If your level of ability is lower than first team standard you are still most welcome to join the club. Training for the Seconds/Colts will begin in August, date to be decided, keep checking the website. Their competitive season will start in September.