NIFL Premier Intermediate
Team MP W D L P Banbridge Town 15 9 1 5 28 Donegal Celtic 14 8 2 4 26 Limavady United 11 6 4 1 22 Tobermore United 12 6 2 4 20 Newry City AFC 12 6 1 5 19 Lisburn Distillery 12 5 3 4 18 Moyola Park 13 5 3 5 18 Dundela 11 3 5 3 14 Newington Youth 12 4 2 6 14 Bangor 13 3 4 6 13 Queen's University 11 2 1 8 7 Sport & Leisur… 10 1 2 7 5
Sat 14 Jan
NIFL Premier Intermediate
Banbridge Town (a)
NAFL Division 2B
NAFL Division 3E
Contact the ClubVia Email firstname.lastname@example.org
On Saturday, the Firsts lost 2-0 away to Moyola Park and the Seconds had a good 3-1 home win against Bangor Y.M.
Today’s Collingwood Cup draw has paired Queen’s with UCD, the holders, in the quarter final for the third consecutive year. Two years ago in Galway, UCD won a close game by two goals to one before surprisingly losing to Trinity in the semi-final. Last year, in Cork, it was even closer, the game finishing one all after extra time before UCD prevailed in the penalty shootout and they then went on to beat Univ of Limerick in the final. The Collingwood Cup will be hosted for the first time by NUI Maynooth and will be played in February on dates still to be decided. Downloadable draw
The 3rd round draw for the Intermediate Cup has resulted in a second trip of the season to play Amateur League Premier team Ards Rangers on Sat 21st January. In August we had a good four one win in Newtownards in the second round of the Steel & Sons Cup. Ards Rangers are currently in second place in the NAFL Premier division and to attempt to win there again is an interesting challenge.
We are delighted to confirm that our main sponsor for this season is Botanic Inns. We will go to the Bot after games and we will hold various functions there over the season. We are also very grateful to ATC Systems Ltd for their support. We urge all our players to support our sponsors.
Over the next few weeks we will welcome many new players to the Club. New players can join the Club:-
- At the Fresher’s Fair in the Students Union on Thurs 29 th September
- Trial games for new players will take place at the Queen’s Playing Fields (the Dub) on Monday 3rd and Wednesday 5th October.
- At the Fair, each player will be allocated one of these days for his trial.
- The trial games will take place on both grass and 3G pitches so please bring suitable footwear for both surfaces.
- Bring shorts, socks and boots, we will supply you with shirts to wear on the day.
Training at the Dub Firsts: Tuesday 6:30 – 8pm on pitch 4 Thursday 7:15 – 9pm on pitch 6 Seconds/Colts: Monday 8 – 9:30 on pitch 6 Thursday 6:15 – 7:15 on pitch 6 All training is on 3G
This message is for any footballers who are hoping to come to Queen’s in September and for any current Queen’s students who might want to transfer and play for their University team. We have three teams playing competitive football on Saturdays:
- The firsts are in the N.I. Football League, Premier Intermediate League division (formerly named NIFL Championship 2)
- The Seconds are in division 2B of the Northern Amateur Football League (NAFL)
- The Colts (mostly 1 st year students) are in division 3E of the Northern Amateur Football League (NAFL)