First team training for the new season will begin on Tuesday 3rd July at 7pm on the 3G pitch (pitch 6) at the Dub:
- Tue 3rd July 7pm pitch 6
- Thur 5th July 7pm pitch 6
- Sat 7th July 10am pitch 6
- Mon 9th July 7pm S&C session in the Gym
- Tue 10th July 7pm pitch 6
- Sat 14th July 10am pitch 6
- Mon 16th July 7pm S&C session in the Gym
- Tue 17th July 7pm pitch 6
- Thur 19th July 7pm pitch 6
- Sat 21st July Game 1 Ballynahinch Olympic Home ko 11am on pitch 6
- Mon 23rd July 7pm S&C session in the Gym
- Tue 24th July 7pm pitch 6
- Thur 26th July – Game 2 : Portadown FC Home ko 7:15pm pitch 6
- Sat 28th July 10am pitch 6
- Mon 30th July 7pm S&C session in the Gym
- Tue 31st July – Game 3 : Linfield Swifts Home ko 7:15pm pitch 6
- Thur 2nd Aug 7pm pitch 6
- Sat 4th August – Game 4 : Immaculata or First round of the League Cup
- Mon 6th Aug 7pm S&C session in the Gym
- Tue 7th Aug 7pm pitch 6
- Thur 9th Aug 7pm pitch 6
- Sat 11th Aug – First round of the League Cup or friendly tbc
- Mon 13th Aug 7pm S&C session in the Gym
- Tue 14th Aug 7pm pitch 6
- Thur 15th Aug 7pm pitch 6
- Sat 18th Aug – PIL game 1 Lurgan Celtic away ko 3pm
We are pleased to report that we have secured the services of a new manager for the Seconds to replace David Bradley who has left the Club.
Our new manager, Brendan Gallagher has been working at Cliftonville FC Development centre for the last 2 years.
He has a UEFA B coaching qualification and has over 15 years’ experience working in football administration, coaching and management.
He has a good knowledge of University football having been chairman of the UUJ Soccer club. He was first team coach of the UUJ team which won the Collingwood Cup in 2006 and was also manager of their successful Fresher’s team.
We are confident that Brendan will be a great asset to the Club and we know that you will all make him welcome. We hope that he will enjoy his time with us.
Our Second team manager, David Bradley, has left the Club. David was with us on two separate occasions, most recently from 2016 to 2018. His greatest success came in the season just ended during which he managed our Second team to victory in the IUFU Crowely Cup in Cork last March, having been losing finalists in the previous season in Limerick.
We would like to thank David for all he did for the Club and we wish him well in the future.
Queen’s triumphed 4-1 last night at Windsor Park against Dundela in the Intermediate Cup Final. Goals from Eamon Fyfe, Matt McManus, Ciaran ‘Rab’ O’Hare and Ronan Young gave Queen’s the victory with Barry Walsh winning the Man of the Match.
Congratulations to the coaching staff; Peter, Noel, Neil and James, and to the players for this magnificent achievement. A special mention to our biggest fan and president, Bishop Tony, whose 70+ years of supporting Queen’s has finally paid off! Most of all, special congratulations to our chairman Denis Clarke for his tireless endeavours that have made all this possible.
And for those who missed it, here are the highlights on YouTube (QUBAFC is not responsible for 3rd party external content).
Queen’s take on Dundela at Windsor Park on 8th May in the IFA Intermediate Cup Final. Please see here for an annotated diagram of the stadium including arrangements for the tie.
Queen’s last played in the Intermediate Cup final in the 1979/80 season against RUC who were the holders from the previous year. Having beaten Ballyclare Comrades after extra time in the semi-final at Carrick Rangers ground, the final was played at Seaview and the RUC retained the cup with a deserved 2-0 victory.
Most of the 1980 team will be at Windsor on the 8th May to give their support to the current team and we are looking forward to seeing as many former Queen’s players as possible there on this historic occasion.
For a picture of the Queen’s team from that night in 1980, see below:
The NIFL Premier Intermediate League now splits in two with second-placed Queen’s playing the other five of the top-six. The remaining fixtures (with results where applicable) are:
- Tobermore United (h), Sat 21st April 3.00pm: Won 3-0
- Banbridge Town (a), Tue 24th April 6.30pm: Drew 1-1
- Moyola Park (h), Sat 28th April 3.00pm: Won 1-0
- Lisburn Distillery (a), Tue 1st May 6.45pm
- Dundela (h), Fri 4th May 6.45pm
Queen’s advanced to the IFA Intermediate Cup Final as they defeated Glebe Rangers with a 2-0 win at Dixon Park, Ballyclare.
Congratulations to Peter and his charges on reaching the final. We’ll all be at Windsor on the 8th May cheering them on as they will try to go one better against Dundela.
Queen’s are in action tonight (11th April) against Glebe Rangers in the IFA Intermediate Cup Semi-Final. Kick off is at 7:45pm at Dixon Park, Ballyclare.
Have a look at the gallery from the final here.
In yesterday’s final, Queen’s lost 2-1 to a superb injury time strike from UCD’s Daire O’Connor. This was a tremendous effort from Ruairí Taylor’s lads who played some superb football and gave us great entertainment over the course of the three days. Also, big congratulations go to University College Dublin who played a great final and were worthy winners on the day.
Well done to Denis, the committee and the staff at the Dub for organising a great Collingwood. Special thanks go to the groundskeepers who managed the inclement weather brilliantly to keep everything running.