How can I join Queen’s Football Club?
New players who can improve our three teams are always welcome and students wishing to join can do so: -
- By coming to a training session (see training times tab).
- By coming to the Mens Football Club stand at the Fresher’s Fair in the Student’s Union (date to be confirmed)
- By coming to the trial games for new players at the Queen’s Playing Fields in early October. (Date and time to be confirmed)
If you are thinking of joining the club please be aware of the following: -
Who can play for Queen’s Football Club?
- Each year we have big numbers at the trial games (130 last year) so we cannot possibly find places in our teams for everybody who comes along. It is a good idea to come to a training session prior to the trial games, there are fewer there so it is easier for our coaches to appreciate your talents.
- Our teams all play in 11-a-side competitive leagues so we are looking for players who want to play outdoor, competitive, 11-a-side football. We do not organise any 5-a-side indoor football.
- We are looking for players who will commit themselves to the club and be available to play for us pretty much all of the season including times like January, when the exams are on, and over the long Easter break.
- We are not looking for players who have never played for a team.
The main purpose of Queen’s Football Club is to provide football and comradeship for students of Queen’s University Belfast, so who can play?
- Current Queen’s University students, both under graduates and post graduates
- Current Stranmillis University College students, both under graduates and post graduates
- Current St Mary’s University College students, both under graduates and post graduates
- Former Queen’s University, Stranmillis or St. Mary’s students can play for our first team in the NIFL Championship. This is to enable us to play at this fairly high standard and to field strong teams at difficult times of the season such as in the months of August and September, before the University semester begins.
- On Wednesday’s we play in the N.I. Colleges League in the period October to December and we can only use current students of Queen’s in this competition.